Join now - be part of our community!

Lovefilm problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
swansong49
Visitor

Lovefilm problem

I have seen questions relating to the problems with activating Lovefilms but I still cannot seem to grasp how to solve  mine. I have linked the account but when trying to click on a choice of film I am then taken to two menus.  Blue for new Lovefilm subscribers and yellow for current (myself).  Then I am stuck.  It says go to your sony entertainment account and click on ‘personalised music and video setting’ -  WHERE?! There is no setting on the site called this.  I have just sat on the end of a phone for 25 minutes waiting for customer service.  Eventually someone answered who seemed to have no idea what I was talking about.  Now apparently I have to wait 2 -3 days for a technician to help.  I have tried till I am blue in the face to get someone to understand  that the problem is with the instructions - all I want is this setting!?

:thinking:

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.GB.title
bracster
Explorer

Hi

I'm having a similar problem. I have activated my bravia TV by following the on screen instructions. These took me to the Essentials screen which then re-directed me to the Sony entertainment network @

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action

to create an account. After this I was able to activate the TV.

The link to lovefilm appears to be under 'Manage Premium Services' but when I try to enable the service I just get 'Error on Page' and nothing happens.

It may be that this is caused by a local setting on my PC you may have better luck.

swansong49
Visitor

I will let you know when Sony eventually sorts it out.  2 days waiting and still no luck....

Ani-35
Visitor

I have had the same problem. Spoke to Lovefilm and had no joy. Will await your response. It has been a total nightmare, I have spent most of the day trying to link Lovefilm to my Bravia!

Good luck!!

toni-northeast
Visitor

Hi All. I have been able to watch Lovefilm without problems on my player until just a few days ago and now it's stopped working. All the other internet channels appear to be working without problem. I can still access instant watch media on Lovefilm via my laptop so I'm not sure what's going on. I'm wondering if it's a software update issue. Will be contacting Sony & Lovefilm.......when their helpines are open (ie. when I'm at work and unable to use the device that isn't working.....great!

swansong49
Visitor

Thanks everyone, at least I feel i am not alone!  Still waiting to have anycontact from Sony.  As you say, it is now the weekend and nobody will be about now until Monday.  I have been trying to get this sorted since last Friday!  I think Sony really need to address the support they give to their customers.

DollFin
Explorer

Having the same problem. Lovefilm support is open on weekend, so I'll try them and let you know what happens.

DollFin
Explorer

HI, just spoken to Lovefilm support. They say that there's a technical problem which Sony is aware of and will fix as soon as possible.Also, that the instruction to choose 'personalise music and video services' is out of date.Instead, you now need to click on 'manage premium services' when you sign in to Sony Entertainment Network, as suggested by another contributor to this thread.That's after the technical problem has been fixed, the good news being that an army of technical experts are laying siege to the problem even as I type these words. .

swansong49
Visitor

Thanks Dollfin, I have tried the 'manage premium services' process but it tells me my account is already activated.  Hoepfully all will be well when the techies have solved the issue.  Isn't it lovely to actually get to talk to a real person?!  Appreciate your input and update.

DollFin
Explorer

I'm tempted to say i'm not a real person, because I often get asked, 'are you for real?' Which in fact I am, at least most of the time. The Lovefilm support person was anxious for me to know that It's not their fault, so blame Sony, not them. Which I will do on Monday if there's still no fix and if the queue of irate customers is not too long.