Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - SEN Apps Disappeared

Pawsden

[Master Thread] - SEN Apps Disappeared

I have a Sony Bravia Smart TV, KDL-40W605B model. Today all the APPS have disappeared. I have checked internet, it;s fine. But I have rebooted the HUB, still no APPS. I have checked the internet connection on TV, all OK. I have restored to fctory settings. Still no APPS, In fact, I have now lost the BBC I Player APP that I actually DID have before the restore. How can I get the APPS Back. I have only had Amazon Prime for three weeks and now I can't watch it! 

17 REPLIES 17
Pawsden

Hi, just to let you know that I just tried to refresh internet again and this time it has worked. I'm guessing the technical guys have fixed something and now the refresh worked! Yippee! Back to Season 6 of the Walking Dead! We ;left them in dire straits two nights ago! Thank you for all your help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent - I have been hearing reports from other places too that its been fixed.

Thanks for confirming.

Pawsden

So, all the APPS have disappeared again. What are you doing Sony??? I have tried all of the above AGAIN and still no APPS. This is very frsutrating. I guess we would not have noticed if this has happened much before because we only just started Amazon Prime about a month ago. We've had the TV for three years. How can I ensure we can watch APPS on a SONY TV please? I am deeply disappointed with Sony and have let all my friends on Facebook know that if they want to watch APPS, don't get a SONY TV. Will SONY be reimbirsing us the cost pof Amazon Prime?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Pawsden

I have un-resolved this thread.  Hopefully someone else will be able to reply here and confirm too.

Cheers

Pawsden

So, the APPS came back after about an hour. Does anyone know why this keeps happening? It is not Internet related as the signal is fine. Anyone else have this problem?

profile.country.GB.title
hothoneyandlemon
Explorer

Hi Pawsden, I am in uk, and I have solved this problem after it driving me MAD and coming to a blank several times looking for solutions on the internet, none of them worked, rebooting, reconnecting to wifi bla bla bla.  So last night I gave it my last shot and I found the following AND IT WORKED.  It is caused by a Bravia server upgrade in May 2018  which is I note around the time this thread started.  We now have all straming apps present and I am really chufffed.

If it happens again and you are unable to get apps except the ones you mentioned, photos, mirror app, playstaion and a couple of other ones try the follwing.

Follow link below and if disconnecting power supply and reconecting power supply doesnt work (of course that sounded WAY too easy) You need to follow link to "CHANGE DNS SETTINGS ONYOUR TV TO 8.8.8.8" its a bit scary but I managed it and I am not a teccie, if in doubt ask a mate who is.  After all the TV is just about rendered useless so nothing to loose. Link herewith-

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00198726

Best wishes and good luck.

profile.country.GB.title
hothoneyandlemon
Explorer

Hi Again, 48 hrs later after fixing this problem, go to sit down with our 14 yr old son to watch Dr Who part 2 catch up on iplayer and lo and behold, the tv has lost all apps bar the "silly 6" which appear as magical celeribties in many other threads, play station, mirroring etc etc.

Will be on phone tomorrow to the 0207 365 2810 with all fingers crossed that they can assist futher, will keep you posted.

Hi I've woken up this morning with the same issue. Has there been an answer on how to fix this issue