Join now - be part of our community!

Media server: no folder on Sony Bravia KDL43WD750

Kyragos
Explorer

Media server: no folder on Sony Bravia KDL43WD750

Hello!

I just got a brand new TV: a Sony Bravia (KDL43WD750). I am still discovering it.
Usually, I use Universal Media Server (UMS) on my PS4 to watch my videos from my computer without any issue. However, it doesn't seem to work from the Home menu of the new TV. When I go to the Media menu, UMS is available. But when I go in there, the expected folders are not there, just "There are no items to display".

Does anyone have a suggestion?

19 REPLIES 19
Kyragos
Explorer

Update: the server diagnostics says it failed

Update 2: Tried with Serviio. Same result. "Communication with the server was unsuccessful."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you have connected your TV via Wifi - can you please test using an ethernet cable and then change the network settings to reflect this.

This is to rule out or confirm a wifi issue.

Cheers

Kyragos
Explorer

It's already connected via Ethernet. I tried with my Wifi network for the same result. Also tried switching between automatic and manual network settings.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi all,

have you also rebooted the Router?

Manolo

Kyragos
Explorer

Yes. No change.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

UMS is up to date? You can try to uninstall and install it again...

Manolo

Kyragos
Explorer

Up to date and reinstalled. But this shouldn't comme from UMS specifically as I tried Serviio. Every media server seems to be affected. They work on my PS4, but not on the TV, even though they are listed.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Also Serviio yes..., you have wrote of this...

For a verify (of your home network), you can create a network from a mobile device (Tethering if Android or Personal Hotspot if iOS) and connect it TV and PC? This if your PC is a laptop or if you have a wireless adapter if a desktop..., or if you have a laptop for install UMS / Serviio on it.

With the PS4 Server works but the problem I don't think is the TV, but isn't impossible...

Manolo

Kyragos
Explorer

I use a desktop computer and I don't have a wireless adapter... I may be able to try with a tired laptop if it agrees, but certainly not today.