Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix Crashing when starting to play.

profile.country.GB.title
WelshJ
New

Netflix Crashing when starting to play.

I know this has been posted before but I can't find a satisfactory solution on any of the threads.

The problem is Netflix dropping out when I start to play a title. It has got progressively worse! 

Device: KDL-32W705B

Software: PKG3.004EUA

I have a sound internet connection cables directly to the TV from the router.

I have gone through the following:

Reset app, check fir firmware upgrade, factory reset TV, unplugged from mains and just about anything else I can think of including talking to Netflix who say the issue is not with them. Netflix is completely stable on my laptop, tablet and phone.

Can some help please?

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
black_rain777
Explorer

Thanks for the info man. Just like I said - I lost lots of my time on the phone with NETFLIX and Sony by mail when trying to get as much info as possible and figure this out for them, staying as man in the middle.

Just buy chromecast and connect it for silly money, problem solved for youtube, netflix and etc. Or use apple tv which works like magic, and you don't have to use phone to navigate if you don't like it like me, you have great remote controller to navigate all kind of application directly on the screen of your TV, you have very long term support, but this option costs money.

lio_g38
New

Hi,

I am having the same kind of problem: Netflix would either crash on starting watching a new movie or get stuck loading it at 25%.. often after starting 8-10 times it would eventually work. Logging out and in again would not fix the issue, or eventually until the next time. 

Has the issue been acknowledged by Sony on KD-49X8505B?

Thanks

Lio

My tv freezes when Netflix is used. The only way out of it is to unplug. Obviously a software issue

profile.country.GB.title
adutch
New

Hi, I think all non Android Bravia models are affected. Sony here in Australia has abandoned me on providing a solution, around this obvious software issue. According to their engineers my TV needs to be repaired which it total male cow manure... Of course my $4000 TV is out of warranty and the 3rd party repairer they referred me to is charging $140 just to investigate the issue... The issue started in the middle of the year when Sony / Netflix pushed out a software update. Thinking of taking this to the Consumer Watchdog.

profile.country.GB.title
TheSequencer
New

Same issue here, reset it to factory defaults multiple times. It works for a couple of days. Selecting the Netflix button gives a greyed screen. Checked the Android modules (all up to date).

profile.country.GB.title
bikerblue
Explorer

I in the UK I have a Kdl42w705 which is non Android.Netflix works fine for me but if I use Google browser the tv now just crashes due to low internal memory so may all be similar symptoms.