Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix subtitle on KDL-50W656A

profile.country.RO.title
AstSebastian
New

Netflix subtitle on KDL-50W656A

Hi, i can see many subtitles in netflix`s menu but not the romanian one. I tryed on other devices (pc.iphone) and it works. What can i do ? Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @AstSebastian,

did you get in contact with Netflix? Maybe they know the reason for that.

- Nic

profile.country.RO.title
Symustek
Explorer

I have the same problem and I talked with Netflix support. They told me that our Netflix version from old firmware from here https://www.sony.ro/electronics/support/downloads/Z0000308 is very old, mean Netflix version 4.0.4.

We need update for Netflix from Sony, this mean a new update with Netflix version 4.1.x or newer.

From 2016 our TV not received new updates for all app from Sony. 

This problem affect all users from all countries all over the world because they can not use subtitle in their languages with Netflix on Sony TV!

Please find a solution quickly.

profile.country.RO.title
Symustek
Explorer

Hello...?

Is anyone there ?

You want to help Sony customers or we will never buy Sony ?

profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @Symustek

It can be frustrating when people don't reply, but please bear in mind this is a user-driven forum, not a way of contacting Sony directly. If you need to report a problem you should use the official Sony Support channels.

You could also consider starting a new discussion, as you have posted here on a thread that is almost 6 months without response. 

Hope you find a solution soon.

Mick 

profile.country.RO.title
Symustek
Explorer

Hi Mick,

I contacted already Sony and they refused to help customers with 2012-2014 TV's.

So, it is very clear. I will never buy Sony in my life and I will buy SAMSUNG or other brands, where is support & software for the customers!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Tenneen9000

Hi Symustek,

I can only imagine how frustrating this issue might be. But sadly, since this TV doesn't have access to an app store, apps availability/updates is dependent on what is being offered by Sony in the applications menu. I would guess that providing an updated version of the app for your TV is going to be difficult giving what the application providers/developers consider for development and implementation  (hardware wise).

Best Regards,

Tenneen9000