Join now - be part of our community!

Networking problems

profile.country.GB.title
Berewood
New

Networking problems

I have a KDL40EX403 and I am very pleased with it.

I have had some problems with getting wireless networking to work

I have a netbook running Windows 7 starter that the TV recognises. At first the TV only found my pictures and audio. I have converted an mpeg file using Any Video Converter as recommended by Mr-Microlog. I found that both "DVD video PAL Movie" and "DVD NTSC movie" profiles worked but strangely my version of Windows Media Player would not play them! However the TV now finds them and plays them once I had included them in a Library known to Windows Media Player.

The TV will not recognise my computer which is running Windows XP. I have Windows Media Player 11 on it but it is not the same as Windows Media Player 11 on my netbook. I downloaded Sony Media Go and the TV has found a service called MarsDmsSampleDotNet but fails when it tries to connect to it.

Can anybody help me trying to stream from Windows XP to the Bravia or is it immpossibe?

Message was edited by: Berewood

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

If you are streaming from your PC, just download Serviio and this will transcode everything on the fly for you, you won't have to convert any files. WMP is pretty bad at streaming content unfortunately.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Catmambo

profile.country.GB.title
Berewood
New

I have downloaded Serviio

I was a bit confused by it because it is not a media player

I had to change the renderer profile to 'Sony Bravia TV'

I included a large library in 'my shared folders' and Serviio used up 50% of my CPU trying to keep the library updated all the time.

However I removed the large library and added a small one

My Sony TV can connect to Serviio and can play my mpg movies and I do not have to convert them, it can also see my picture and audio files

So all in all, thank you for the advice