Join now - be part of our community!

New Firmware on 2011 Bravias 19 Dec. Wonder Wot We Got?

profile.country.en_GB.title
woodface7
Explorer

New Firmware on 2011 Bravias 19 Dec. Wonder Wot We Got?

This evening, Monday 19 Dec, our 2011 Bravias updated their firmware from version PKG3.704EUA  (which was first available 16/11/2011).

The new software is PKG3.807EUA-0104  according to the 'System Information' page under 'Product Support' in TV's menu.

Anyone spotted any improvements / fixes yet?

Cos there's no info about it thus far on this site's Support Pages - http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KDL-32CX523/downloads/FW_Bravia_AZ2EUA

Nor is it yet available for download to PC for USB stick manual update.

At least we haven't spotted any problems yet.

PS  If you want to use your PC keyboard for typing on your (recent model) Bravia's screen, try the newish free Sony 'Remote Keyboard Lite'  programme. You need Windows7, and the software goes on the computer, not the telly!

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KDL-32CX523/downloads/Remote_Keyboard_Lite

6 REPLIES 6
julsadot
Visitor

My set also just updated to the same firmware...So far I've discovered:

Improved file format recognition...I can now directly watch HD video clips (AVCHD) as taken from my Sony Nex-5N camera directly from an SDHC card inerted into a USB port.

Anyone else found anything new?

Rgds

Jules

Catmambo
Contributor

We've also added a few more widgets to the widget section, including an RSS reader which might be useful for some people.

Thanks

profile.country.fi_FI.title
Jiipee785
Visitor

I only know it was a very fast update (like 20-30 seconds) and I lost the HD channels because of it and had great difficulties to tune them again,

No new widgets here.

Message was edited by: Jiipee785

Message was edited by: Jiipee785

Renzoellul
New

Hi Catmambo

Saw the new widgets installed... not much really... however is this the preamble of something better to come? Samsung and LG are boasting 100s of apps/widgets. Will sony ever open up for other developers to offer their apps/widgets for us?

Lawrence

nstaib
Visitor

Yup - I got a bunch of new widgets, but I find these a bit, gimmicky?

Personally I would welcome focus on broadening the formats of videos that can be played back from a usb stick...  I would rather see a movie I have made, than have a digital representation of an analogue clock on screen...

One other new thing I noticed is that it detects the iMediaShare app on my iPad and offers to stream content from the iPad - cool...:smileycool:

videophile
Visitor

The new wigets do not appear to be part of the updated firmware.

My 40HX723 is still [intentionally] running PKG3.704EUA