Join now - be part of our community!

New Panels in 2012 Bravia range?

profile.country.en_GB.title
mobily_uk
New

New Panels in 2012 Bravia range?

Hey all,

I have had a few problems with a Sony 32ex723 as documented in an earlier topic mainly due to banding and blurring. Following receipt of my 3rd TV the banding is no longer an issue but there is blurring which is quite bad.

I heard somewhere that Sony are using MVA panels on their 2012 range as opposed to PVA panels and the MVA panels are prone to blurring.

I have motionflow set to clear but the blurring remains and is really bad at points where the image remains for a second when something moves quickly. It is particular annoying on snooker and football for example. I have noticed it worse when there is a white background and something dark moves on the screen... the trails are very long and quite bad.

Is this down to the MVA panel as I have only had this issue on a 2012 manufactured model whereas the 2011 model I had did not suffer from any blurring at all?

I am looking to return the set to the retailer for a refund which is a real shame as apart from that issue I am very pleased with the picture quality in 2d mode.

Does anyone have any experience of this on a 2012 manufactured set?

Edit - this is the 2nd 2012 manufactured set I have received therefore I don't feel it is a fault but an inherent part of the new panels.

Message was edited by: mobily_uk

Message was edited by: mobily_uk

0 REPLIES 0