Join now - be part of our community!

New Sony TV'S

lozco67
New

New Sony TV'S

Having just got the Sony 55X9005B and must say very pleased with it, i see  that Sony will be going over to Android with their new smart TV's & i just hope they dont neglect the  Apps and content for all of us who have the what will be the older operating system. Any thoughts on this or reply from Sony would be much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

For an answer from Sony, you will need to contact them directly.  However for the last few years, Sony TVs have had the advantage of the Opera Store.  I cannot see this being discontinued any time soon.  Obviously no one has the sight to see the future, but In my opinion, the Opera Store should see many TVs out. 

Cheers

lozco67
New

Thats good to know thanks very much for your speedy repy, i wonder if you will ever be able to change to the new Android system via downlod ? that would be cool.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there

Your welcome.  Even if was technically possible to add adroid to the previous years TVs - I very much doubt Sony would do this.  Various reasons I imagine, such as TV performance and stabily, cost of development and implementation, license agreements with Google to name a couple.  So..... Wishful thinking :slight_smile:

Cheers

lozco67
New

Yes your probably right .thanks