Join now - be part of our community!

No audio from HDMI connections on Sony KD49X8505

Simonkmiller
Explorer

No audio from HDMI connections on Sony KD49X8505

Hi,

I just got a new Sony KD49X8505 today, very happy with it, but for some reason I can't get any sound apart from the TV sound effects when going through menus etc.

I have a Virgin Tivo box connected to HDMI1 input, and also have a Sonos Soundbar connected.

I've tried switching between TV Speakers and the External Speakers (with the Sonos connected through the audio digital out), but still can't seem to get Audio from the Tivo through the TV. I know it's probably something really stupid, but I can't work it out. 

Anyone help please?

Thanks!

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

When you connected the optical cable to the TV (and Sonos Soundbar), did the optical cable make a 'click' as it should when connecting - its a tight fit.  If its all connected properly, can you reply back with the model number of the soundbar - as its hard to advise/investigate without knowing exactly the equipment in question.

Cheers

Simonkmiller
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

The soundbar's a Sonos. Weirdly, the TV will send sound to it when I do the sound test, and also when I use an app like iPlayer.

However no sound comes from either the TV speakers or soundbar when I'm using my Tivo cable box. To get sound I have to run a cable directly from the Tivo box to the soundbar. 

I haven't changed any settings on the Tivo box, and it worked fine with my last TV, so the problem seems to be from the Tivo box to the TV? It's connected via a HDMI cable which is plugged into the HDMI 1 socket on the TV.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Simonkmiller
Explorer

Actually, I might have solved it. I tried connecting the Tivo to a different HDMI socket on the TV, and everything seems to be working. 

As long as my Apple TV or games console works through HDMI 1 it should be ok. Thanks, and sorry - should have tried that before!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool  - Glad you managed to solve it :slight_smile:  (well, hopefully!)

Thanks for the update.