Join now - be part of our community!

Not supported?

profile.country.en_GB.title
iainhine
New

Not supported?

I have a 3D KDL46HX923 set and BDPS790 3D Bluray. I have tried hooking these up (as well as Sky HD) to my RHT-G900 stand. I have no problems with the Sky box, as that before and continues to work OK. However, the 5.1 stand doesn't seem to recognise a 3D signal and will not pass it through from what I can see. I did see an article on Sony-Asia that suggested I connected them both via HDMI to the set and then re-routed the sound back to the stand via optical connection, but I get no joy from that either.

1. Can anyone confirm that the RHT-G900 stand does not support 3D?

2. Can anyone suggest I way that I may connect all these devices together?

Thanks,

Iain

2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Yes very unlikley that the G900 offers 3D pass through as it requires a lot more bandwidth and 3D compatible receivers only started appearing a couple of years ago, after the release of the G900.

Suprised the optical out from the TV doesn't work though - do you have to select or alter an input on the G900?

Thanks

iainhine
New

OK, I think I have sorted it. Unfortunately I have to lose the Bravia Sync side of things. The HDMI connection has to go direct to the set for both and Optical out cables have to be used to individually pass the sound through the G900 and select the sound source individually. You then cannot use the single HDMI out to control the Bravia Sync.

I think I would rather do that than make a £700, 64Kg lump of hardware redundant after only 4 years!!