Join now - be part of our community!

[Nov 2015] BBC iPlayer - Temporarily cannot access the server

SOLVED
Longbow8

[Nov 2015] BBC iPlayer - Temporarily cannot access the server

Suddenly, no access to Iplayer and error message "Temporarily cannot access the server". TV is hard wired to router at 40Mbps. Computers working OK. Menu option Network>View network status>Check connection gives OK for cable, local access and internet. Refresh Internet Connection does Authenticate and Acquire successfully. However Server diagnostics reports "servers could not be found". Server list is empty and the menu option Update Server List results in a similar "server cannot be found error". Software is latest

PKG4.131EUL-0108

Anyone know what the gremlin is please? Frequently suggested hammer blows of General Setup>Factory Reset and power reset have had no effect.

152 REPLIES 152
profile.country.GB.title
tennysonman

You will all be pleased to know that BBC iPlayer is now back in service.

profile.country.en_GB.title
wraeth
Explorer

Thanks so much for the update and good news.

It's true - I rushed off to check and it's back!

Hurray.

Many thanks to those posters who did all the hard work pressurising Sony and the BBC, I much appreciate it.

Season's Greetings.

Mr_Zed
Explorer

Many thanks for the update, and all those who helped publicise this issue, it's back as of lunchtime today 2 Dec 2015,

Two weeks is shockingly poor performance though.

I'll never buy Sony again and will reccomend that others don't too!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kehammo82

Not on my BDV-L600 it's not, icon still missing😡

Longbow8

It seems that most of us have iPlayer again. Thankyou to everyone who took part in this thread, not only have we got it back but I learnt a lot along the way thanks to you. Special thanks to Quinnicus and DavidFinClevedon. Maybe it's worth starting a new thread for problems with the BDV-L600?  

Funster73
Explorer

Yay! Working again..

Everybody loves a sprout ❄️

Funster73
Explorer

Yay! Working again..thanks to all who helped!

Everybody loves a sprout ❄️

profile.country.GB.title
Whitedb

Working again on KDL-40EX713.

Did we get a firmware update or did the BBC do something on the back end?

i have PKG4.131EUL-0108

The firmware you have, like mine, is unchanged, and presumably up to date. It appears that whatever the problem was, it was somewhere within the Sony and/or the BBC servers.
AntiSony
Explorer

BBC iPlayer now working on my KDL-40EX403. However I'm unimpressed with Sony for keeping us in the dark and I'll never buy any of their products again. Hope someone from Sony reads this. Poor show Sony.

I'm hoping that it won't happen a third time. but I'm not going take that chance, and I think that I'll buy a Smart TV box. Hopefully I'll be able to get YouTube back as well.

Someone earlier mentioned the Amazon fire stick for £24, but I've checked on Amazon.co.uk and it's now £34.99, so I'll probably go for something like this MX box which is slightly dearer but appears to have more applications:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/XCSOURCE%C2%AE-Android-Sports-Internet-CN127-MX/dp/B00KBLHC4A/ref=pd_sim_23_...