Join now - be part of our community!

[Nov 2015] BBC iPlayer - Temporarily cannot access the server

SOLVED
Longbow8

[Nov 2015] BBC iPlayer - Temporarily cannot access the server

Suddenly, no access to Iplayer and error message "Temporarily cannot access the server". TV is hard wired to router at 40Mbps. Computers working OK. Menu option Network>View network status>Check connection gives OK for cable, local access and internet. Refresh Internet Connection does Authenticate and Acquire successfully. However Server diagnostics reports "servers could not be found". Server list is empty and the menu option Update Server List results in a similar "server cannot be found error". Software is latest

PKG4.131EUL-0108

Anyone know what the gremlin is please? Frequently suggested hammer blows of General Setup>Factory Reset and power reset have had no effect.

152 REPLIES 152
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Longbow8

Hello all

I have edited the thread title on all posts to correct an error i made when i first did it - it now reflects the actual error message.

None of the content in your posts/replies have been edited.

Thank you.

Laurence42
Explorer

Yes, I have the same problem on my KDL-32EX403. Also had problem in June 2014 of iplayer not working. No info on Sony support site yet. I think the solution is to buy a Samsung TV.

Grimmen10
Explorer

I have also been having the same problem for over a week now with KDL37EX403U.  I am not techy but have tried everything which has already been mentioned and am just getting the same message.  Would be really glad if someone out there could sort it.  I have experienced this occasionally  before, but never for this length of time.

Stevetilsley
Explorer

Have had this problem for last three days. Waiting for Sony / BBC to sort out. Can they give us a timeframe please? 

Grimmen10
Explorer

I also appear to have lost Demand 5 and Channel 4.  They have just disappeared from the list. Am I unique

Krusher_59
Explorer

I have also had this problem for almost a week now. It really is poor. I have a net TV - I think the model number is KDL42NX I'll check but I guess we are in the hands of Sony and the BBC to stop messing about and get it sorted. Or as a previous post said, "buy Samsung"!

profile.country.GB.title
Whitedb

Demand 5 disappeared a while back when Channel 5 changed their API and it was no longer supported. It was brilliant up until then as it was advert free.  Sony did not update the firmware to accomodate the new version.

I have never had Channel 4 on my Sony.

I hope iPlayer does not go the way of Demand 5 otherwise I will have bought a smart TV that became very unsmart after only a few years.

Hi Everyone. We are all in the hands of Sony, it appears. One of the posters (on this site) was promised an answer by Friday (27Nov15). The BBC (iplayer website) thinks that Sony is working on a solution, to be advised on the website when available. No timescale promised. One of the posters was invited to try new firmware - but for a different model !!! Sony support told GR-Dragons, to the effect, that it is a BBC problem and will NOT be resolved. The BBC page offered as a link "cannot be found"!!! My own contact with Sony by email elicited: "We can confirm that your case has been escalated for further investigation and you will be updated as soon as possible." (Dated 25 Nov15) This seems more rational than some of the above. In summary, we are getting mixed messages. I propose that we sit on our hands for a few days.
Longbow8

Latest email from Sony -"...in case any updates are available, it will be declared on the support page of your device." So I guess they'll just load it rather than annouce it anywhere. I've just checked again that I have System Update turned On.  I agree with DavidFinClevedon, "sit on our hands for a few days"

violasam
New

cannot access i-player on my sony 40ex503 tv after several years satisfactory- says cannot acess....try again- have rebooted router. computers on same incoming service ie; this message seem ok