Join now - be part of our community!

Oct 2019 - iPlayer stopped loading on our Bravia TV again - fixed it

profile.country.GB.title
Adrian_here

Oct 2019 - iPlayer stopped loading on our Bravia TV again - fixed it

For no apparent reason iPlayer would not load on our Sony Bravia TV.  Everything had been fine since the last hiccup a year or so ago.

I fixed the problem by resetting the TV to its factory settings, reloading the TV channels and the iPlayer App.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Adrian_here,

thank you for letting other community members know how you resolved your issue.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
DarranA

Hi Adrian,

This sounds annoying, might I suggest you contact Sony Support to help resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Darran

profile.country.GB.title
Loguc13
Explorer

I have a KDL-40W605B and I encountered the same issue since October 7th. On 24/10 I updated the firmware to PKG3.006UEA from PKG3.004UEA but the problem with iPlayer is still there, unchanged. .

I don't think factory settings reset is an acceptable solution.

I reported the issue to Sony customer support but I'm not holding my breath for a response. 

PS: I contacted the BBC and they say "We’re continuing to investigate reports of the BBC iPlayer application not loading on connected TV devices with our service partners.".

Tags (3)
profile.country.GB.title
Loguc13
Explorer

Here is how I solved the problem WITHOUT resetting the TV to its factory settings.

I received the tip from Sony support (even if the instructions were not completely correct for the menu structure of my KDL-40W605B).

Here are the steps: navigate to Home, Settings, Network, Refresh Internet Content (on some models it may be Home, Settings, System Settings, Setup, Network, Refresh internet content).

Once the TV had completed the refresh the iPlayer will be able to start and you'll have to re-connect the app in the TV to your BBC account.