Join now - be part of our community!

Organising Media Player on KDL40W605

SOLVED
glaucodilieto
Explorer

Organising Media Player on KDL40W605

Hi everyone,

I am the very happy owner of a shiny KDL40W605 and trying to utilise it to its full potential, which looks positively enormous to someone who has been using a cathode ray TV until a week ago.

I have successfully connected the TV to my home network (quite impressed with myself for that) and I can choose between browsing Music, Photos or Videos, all of which work fine.

The only problem is that (as most people these days I guess) I have thousands of photos and videos on my Windows PC and my TV's media player is trying to show me all of them - on the same screen.

This is obviously no use to me as it takes forever to find what I want and the TV is also really struggling to list everything.

On my PC the photos are obviously organised in folders and I would expect to be able to browse these folders from the TV, or alternatively organise them in some other way on the TV itself.

Is there something I can configure on the PC or the TV to be able to see my folders rather than a random huge list of files?

Many thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I was afraid i'd have to keep my w805 forever :slight_smile:
One more tip : i don't know with music files but with movies the best configuration is to set the tv ad 2012-US: it plays everythings