OUT OF RANGE SIGNAL

profile.country.en_GB.title
gompoole
Visitor

OUT OF RANGE SIGNAL

Posted yesterday but did not appear.

KDL-40S5500

Out of range signal on screen.

Sony help desk tell me to re-tune (rubbish)

Bought new DDMI cable, still not working.

Intermittent problem but very annoying.

Conected thru SKY HD, SKY say not a box fault, confirmed this by connecting to another tv (LG) and perfect, so prob with my set but nobody accepts responsibility. Not a happy Sony customer.

What do any of you suggest?

3 REPLIES 3
Catmambo
Contributor

Have you tried a different HDMI input on the TV itself. Failing that, I'd give your nearest service centre a buzz and get them to check it out as seemingly you have isolated the problem to the TV. maybe check and see if there is a Firware update for it that can be applied, and do a full factory reset, just to make sure that something hasn't become corrupt on the TV.

Thanks

gompoole
Visitor

Thanks for info. Rang 0845 helpline??? guy told me to visit local Sony dealer... and get software updated, for which I would have to supply pen drive for them to download for me... they were not impressed, they get a lot of people saying they have been sent there, but they should be contacting Sony Service Centre, perhaps helpline personnel need educating!,

Anyway, local Sony dealer says nothing to do with software download otherwise they would get all owners in past 12 mths asking for same., they said that the helpline is not manned by Sony but outsourced, and personnel are "not very bright". They also say could be low quality cable supplied by SKY .

Got home.... feeling unloved.... switched on.... no problems over week-end. What is going on??

Helpline and Sony dealer say that as TV is over 12 months old, and supplied by Insurance company (where you cannot guarantee source!!) that it's down to me to get it sorted.

Old adage I know.... but.... I have been purchasing Sony equipment, radio, tv, dvd, video(Betamax!!) clock radio etc since 1977, never had a problem until now. Cant get difinitive answere to problem and feel demoralised with having to get "the right person"

jibhara
Visitor

i have exactly the same problem when using my ps3 or freesat hd so its very unlikely that both devices are faulty also tried with different hdmi cables with different lengths but no luck. havent tried the helpline yet. will update one speaking to them, also anyone know why when the tv is on standby, it will come out of standby then go back on again? btw also have kdl40s5500. pic enclosed

Message was edited by: jibhara