Join now - be part of our community!

Pausing Live TV

profile.country.GB.title
jaybee2018
Explorer

Pausing Live TV

We have recently purchased a KDL43WE753 TV. It has had its firmware updated to the latest, and a large USB hard drive attached and "registered". The basic TV record and playback functions work OK (but the interface is disappointedly clunky by today's standards).

Having being assured in the shop that such a modern TV would be able to pause "live" off-air video, I am unable to find out how to do this. Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi jaybee2018,

Welcome to the Sony Community. 

I'm not sure how to do this, so would recommend getting in touch with Support for further help.

Thanks,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
jaybee2018
Explorer

Thank you Sean - I'll try that.  Must say that the software and user interface on the TV is of disappointing quality - media streaming particularly is buggy and "beta test" quality at best.

profile.country.GB.title
jaybee2018
Explorer

Sony support say: "With reference to your enquiry regarding your Sony KDL-43WE753 and pausing live off air videos, please be advised that unfortunately this is not possible..."

So sad to see how the design ethic that made Sony such a big name has eroded away so that it is just another meaningless brand.