Join now - be part of our community!

Plays tv sound through av speakers, but not internet tv.

Plays tv sound through av speakers, but not internet tv.

I would be grateful if you could answer this question.

I have
tv - 40ex403u
av system - dav-sa30

By selecting tv on dav-sa30 it will play the tv sound through the av system speakers. It will not play internet tv sound through the av system speakers. They are connected with rca cable and scart.

dav-sa30 only has rca in. The tv also has digital optical out - does this need to be connected and if so, how?.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately the DAV-SA30 does not have a Optical IN port (whereas the TV does have an Optical OUT).  The SCART socket on the TV will only output audio via the TVs internal tuner - this is not a fault, but this is by design of the SCART socket itself.  This is why you cannot output audio via other means (i.e. internet apps).

No guarantee this will work, but believe your TV does have an Audio out via RCA (Red/White) sockets at the back.  So, connect an RCA cable from the Audio OUT ports of the TV to the Audio IN on the DAV-SA30.  Set the DAV-SA30 to Video 2 and see if it will output audio.  You will only get stereo sound though, not 5.1.

Other than that - The DAV-SA30 is approx 13 years old now, maybe think about upgrading? 

Cheers

Many thanks for your reply. Tried and still not working.
Do you know if this Digital to Analogue Audio Converter would do it?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/optical-to-rca
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have no experience with those adaptors - so I cannot say.  However it is a good price (less than 2pints) - so maybe worth a shot.

Cheers