Join now - be part of our community!

Problem adjusting 3d blue ray pic connected to 40hx723

profile.country.GB.title
Cablesman
Explorer

Problem adjusting 3d blue ray pic connected to 40hx723

So I watched my first 3d BD movie yesterday. Stunning! 

Only problem was I couldn't  adjust any pic settings as nothing came up when I pressed the OPTIONS button

Also weirdly when I pressed the HOME button on the tvs remote some settings for the BD player came up NOT the tv! I'm presuming my Sony remote is accessing the Sharp BD players menu. Is that right and is that why I couldn't  get OPTIONS on the tv to work

What was I doing wrong?

Tags (5)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
SMFire
Visitor

Since the BD Player is HDMI-CEC enabled, remote commands from your TV are relayed to the Blu-ray player as if the TV remote was the Blu-Ray player remote. You need to press the "Sync Menu" button on the remote and then select the Control TV option. This should then let you send Home, Options and some other commands to the TV itself.

You also have an option to disable HDMI control of your Sharp player by going to settings->External Input settings. I would not recommend doing this though. Why use 2 remotes when you can use just one.

Hope this helps.

profile.country.GB.title
Cablesman
Explorer

Wow superb. Many thx for your help. I have a couple more questions to post.  Perhaps u can help with these