Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with 32BX420 and exFAT USB drive

profile.country.es_ES.title
Feahnor
Visitor

Problem with 32BX420 and exFAT USB drive

I have a 32" 32BX420 TV, and i have no problems with it playing mkv 1080p, mp4 and divx, but i can't get mu flash drive to work using exfat. If i use fat32 all is fine, but i can't have files with a size bigger than 4GB. I've tried formatting to exfat in windows but when i do the tv says "This usb drive is not compatible", even if it works just fine when i format it to fat32.

What am i doing wrong? I have tried with 4 different flash drives with no success.

Tags (4)
3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

your doing nothing wrong really, unfortunately the flash drives can only be read by the tv in FAT32.

profile.country.es_ES.title
Feahnor
Visitor

So ineed a usb hard drive to be able to use exFAT? because the tv definitely supports exFAT

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi again,

i dont want to be drawn into another debate on the use of hard drives and Bravia sets!, I cannot get any back up or support from Sony on this issue.

many on here have faced problems with their hard drives once they "register" it to their tv's as once done its useless anywhere else!, the only thing i can tell you is Sony have recommended the western digital my book essentials, which is a powered drive, many have used different makes but the rule as i understand it is it must be a powered unit.