Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with Ferguson Set Top Box 'Ariva ATV Combo'

profile.country.IE.title
RobDeBank
New

Problems with Ferguson Set Top Box 'Ariva ATV Combo'

My TV is a Sony KDL-32WE613.

I had a Ferguson set top box 'Ariva 120 Combo' but it ceased to function so I replaced with the above Ferguson 'Ariva ATV Combo. When I installed it, it also installed the 'Android for TV' and all operated well for about 10 days.  In recent days the terrestrial channels have deteriorated to the extent that both sound and vision are not watchable any more. All the Satellite channels are OK.

I assumed that the set top box was the problem so I had it replaced but the replacement top box has the same problem.

If I disconnect the Ferguson box and plug the terrestrial cable direct into the TV all terrestrial channels work OK.

I now assume that either the Sony TV or the Ferguson Set Top Box interfere with each other.  Which one it is I am unable to to determine.

As the TV is now somewhat similar to a Sony Andriod TV can I safely do a Andriod TV reset?

Have I any other options?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi RobDeBank, we know it's not the TV tuner since it works fine directly. Try changing the cables.

A normal factory reset should be done, I frankly don't know what do you mean with Android TV reset? Also, what's the current software version of the TV?