Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with TDG-BR250 3D Glasses

profile.country.en_GB.title
dunkeldjack
Visitor

Problems with TDG-BR250 3D Glasses

I've just bought the KDL46EX732BU 3D TV. I also bought 2 pairs of the TDG-BR250 glasses to work along with it. I'm having trouble getting the glasses to switch on and wondered if anyone can help.

I've charged the glasses via the USB ports on the TV until the orange light goes out. When I disconnect the glasses and try to switch them on nothing happens. According to the instructions the light is supposed to light up green when it's on but I get nothing.

I've switched on to Sky 3D and altered the settings to side-by-side so that the 2 pictures merge and made sure there were no obstructions between the 3D transmitter and the glasses, but still nothing happens.

Is there another step that I've missed along the way? I can't find any reference to it if there is and I've searched every manual and internet forum I can find!

It seems hard to believe that both sets of glasses could be faulty, but I'm struggling to come up with any other possible solution.

Any and all help gratefully received!

Thanks

Tags (3)
23 REPLIES 23
dunkeldjack
Visitor

Thanks again guys!

I take your point on the tight fit of the mini-USB and that it might not be making a connection and therefore not charging, but both when I was charging via the TV and via the iphone charger last night, I made sure that the yellow/orange light came on to signify that it was actually charging.

As I said earlier I tried charging via the iphone charger last night but to no avail unfortunately. The light went out again after about 10 minutes which should indicate that the glasses are charged. I then disconnected them and tried to switch on but again there wasn't even a flicker of a green light.

It looks like they are faulty and I've contacted the retailer who will take them back for a refund or exchange. Hard to believe that two pairs could have the same fault but it doesn't look like there's any other conclusion to draw.

Thanks again for all the input - I'll post again when I receive replacements just to confirm that they do actually work!!

Bravia55HX

Hi again,

thanks for the update, please let us know the outcome of this, also a good point, get the dealer to confirm new ones actually work, they will have enough charge in them to see if the green light comes on.

also see if he can test the old ones for confirmation.

dunkeldjack
Visitor

Update.

I returned the glasses and got refund. New glasses arrived this morning - both pairs switched on first time and we're now happy 3d viewers!! Last pairs were obviously faulty - strange both pairs were defective but that's how it was. Many thanks to everyone who gave advice - very much appreciated.

Bravia55HX

well done mate!, surprised me also that both last pairs were faulty, but hey your sorted, enjoy your 3D experience.