Join now - be part of our community!

PS3 Won't Work on Sony Bravia KDL42W653

Capt.Servo
Explorer

PS3 Won't Work on Sony Bravia KDL42W653

Hi there,

I just purchased a Sony Bravia KDL42W653 and it's a fantastic TV, though I can't get my Playstation 3 to work on it through HDMI. The PS3 itself turns on, it's receiving power and whatnot, but it just won't display an image.

I CAN get an image through component cables.

The HDMI cable itself is fine as it works in other devices. I've even tried buying a new cable and that hasn't worked either.

The HDMI port on the TV is also fine, as I put other devices in there with no issues.

I've tried resetting the video settings by holding the power button down for five seconds, but that's made no difference.

I've tried unplugging everything and starting from scratch - also no luck. I've even tried formatting the PS3 itself to start fresh yet still nothing!

I've also tried running it through an HDMI switch first, but that has had zero effect.

Does anybody have any ideas about what I could try? I can't think of anything else to attempt here. The PS3 was working perfectly fine before I got this TV and I don't really want to buy a nice new TV only to use the PS3 through component!

Thanks,

Jon

12 REPLIES 12
darkstepz
New

Yeah I’m finding the PS4 is extremely lagging online gaming , don’t think their that compatible with each other .

i used a non 1080p Samsung previous and it felt much better to play on .

will switch back until I get some sort of resolution from sony

will Persue it tomorrow 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @darkstepz,

did you set your Sony TV to 'game mode'?

Mabye the Samsung TV did that automatically, therefore it felt more responsive.

- Nic

PS3 switched off hold the power button down for 5 seconds, problem solved.