Join now - be part of our community!

"Related Search" / TrackID no longer working

SOLVED
Mister_V
Explorer

"Related Search" / TrackID no longer working

Hi there!

I purchased a new KDL-42W805A about a 2 weeks ago.  After a few days, the "Related Search" functionality, as well as "Track ID" stopped working.

If I try Related Search while watching a TV channel, the search times out after a while with the error message "Not available".  If I try to use TrackID while playing (say) content via DLNA, it reports a "Gracenote server error".

At first I thought this was indeed a problem on Gracenote's side, but this has been going on for days now.

All other internet-related functionality works fine.  Testing the Wi-fi network also yields a positive result.  The TV has been updated to the latest firmware.

If I go to the test page on Gracenote's website (service.gracenote.com) via the TV's built-in browser, I also see the message that indicates that the service should be working.

I live in Germany (but I'm posting here since I'm English, and that's a lot easier for me than to try and forumulate German grammar!)  The TV's region setting are set to Germany, however.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mister_V
Explorer

…and of course, as I sit down at the TV to do the reset, I decide to give it one more try and… of course it now works.

Well.  Not much more I can say!  I just hope it stays working.  Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thats rather odd - Its working for me (in UK on 2011 TV) and cant see any others reporting in on the German forums.  So therefore id say its on your TV side of things at the moment.  This may sound drastic, because it probably is - maybe a factory reset of the TV may clear any issues?

Cheers

Mister_V
Explorer

Yes, I also haven't seen anyone else reporting any issues.

I was sort of hoping to avoid a reset, but…  that might be the next step in the process.  Thanks for the reply!

Mister_V
Explorer

…and of course, as I sit down at the TV to do the reset, I decide to give it one more try and… of course it now works.

Well.  Not much more I can say!  I just hope it stays working.  Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No problems - Im glad its working now.