Join now - be part of our community!

"tv internet download failed because content size exceed system memory limit." Sony Tv/Iplayer

profile.country.GB.title
lucymonce
New

"tv internet download failed because content size exceed system memory limit." Sony Tv/Iplayer

I've seen posts from 2016/2017 on this subject but nothing more recent. This is an intermittent issue for me with my Bravia KDL-55EX503 but is occurring more and more frequently. The BBC Iplayer support site says it has highlighted the issue to Sony recently but no resolution has been found. Any ideas please?

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
JonathanFY

From the BBC:

"Thanks for contacting the BBC iPlayer support team to report seeing an error message when accessing iPlayer on your Sony TV.

We appreciate your patience while we have been looking into this matter.

Please be assured we are still investigating this issue and have been working with the manufacturer to get this resolved.

We have been making some improvements in order to address this issue with iPlayer on Sony televisions which has proven to be helpful for some users.

We know we need to continue to work further with Sony in order to prevent this from happening in future.

We will update the dedicated FAQ with the latest news and we will also get in touch with you again with any updates:"

Care to comment Sony?

Of course not...

profile.country.GB.title
gareth.griffith
Explorer

My Sony KDL 42W705B has this issue all of a sudden. Iplayer had been working OK for a few years and now I get the dreaded "internet failed because content size exceed system memory limit" The message was on the screen for just a millisecond so that I had to get my iphone out to photograph the message.

I thought I could get round the issue by using my BBC iplayer app on my iphone and then use mirror screen imaging to watch the program but that came up with "an unknown error occurred" message.

profile.country.GB.title
gareth.griffith
Explorer

I have a work round for this issue. If you have a decent enought laptop you can watch the program via the laptop and use screen mirroring to watch it on your large screen telly. Not ideal and a bit of a faff but a workround nonetheless.

profile.country.GB.title
gareth.griffith
Explorer

I too will not be looking to replace my Sony TV with another one. I used to  be a manager at Currys Ltd and Sony TVs were acknowleged to be the best at the time I was with Currys (admittedly a few years ago). I had to update a perfectly good Sony TV when digital TV was introduced because the tuner couldn't cope with more than 99 TV channels. 

I've had issues with this KDL-42W705B in that it keeps losing the internet connection even after the fitting of a LAN and now the issue of  "internet download failed because content size exceed system memory limit message" which has been an issue since at least 2016 and still causing problems.

I am a convert to LG technology. Their washing machines are superb. The Sony has a very good picture quality, but there again they are all good these days.