Join now - be part of our community!

re Netflix in the uk

profile.country.en_GB.title
davieAberdeen
Visitor

re Netflix in the uk

hi there

i have a sony blue ray, sony sound processor, sony 3d internet 42" tv user (and a Sony laptop) and have just today unfortunately just bought a second sony 3d internet 46" tv. i say "unfortunately" as i have been trying to get Netfllix to work on the original TV. i thought it was something to do with an existing sony essentials account which seems to mess up the tv registration process however on my purchase today i have sucessfully registered my new tv but there is no way to link netflix to the tv.

looking at general support it would appear that this should not be a problem however i have just read the threads on this site and it seems that netflix is not actually available on uk tvs ie there is no netflix icon available. i am sorley disappointed and had i known i would have boutght a decent tv without the smart internet facility and a Roku box or similar and saved a whack of cash

i thought Sony was a solid manufacturer and suffice it to say any future purchases of AV equipment will probably not include Sony

yours with extreme disappointment

2 REPLIES 2
duklaprm
Explorer

I've been told by Sony Centre in Livingston that Netflix should be available on Bravia TV;s (and DVD too) but have checked software and not there.

Netflix is on the PS3 though.......

magpiemale1970
New

I am sorry but 2012 t.v's come with netflix apps on them my Hz753 which is a 2012 model has the app along with lovefilm. Your TV's were maybe 2011 n before !!

Message was edited by: sonycarr

If you have netflix on and you have ticked the box on the Sony account and registered with netflix best done on a computer.switch tv off then on again.I had some trouble myself but got it to work after 2-3 attempts