Join now - be part of our community!

Recalled tv's

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
betty17boop
Visitor

Recalled tv's

Does anyone know which Bravia Lcd tv's are being recalled?

28 REPLIES 28
KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hello StartTheCar,

I am not affected by that Recall Service Campaign , because simply i own different TV models :slight_smile:

But i really read with interest your early response to every single post here and impressed by the excellent support you did for Sony customers. And your personal care to solve each issue through emails with service network.

Just i have one suggestion. As usual after the announcement of any Recall, every customer will be hurry to check his/her unit first :smileywink:. This is sure will represent too much pressure on the service network staff either it is Sony or Sony dealers. So i imagine it will be more comfortable by announce a deadline for the recall. So both customers and service staff have relax :smileyhappy:.

Wish you all the Good Luck

Regards

StartTheCar
Contributor

I see what you are getting at .  In this instance it would not have been appropriate really.  last week was a bit busy for the whole of service, from the field engineers to the call centre agents.  However, we did have time to prepare and what with campaigns like the national retune & regional digital switchovers we have some experience of dealing with things on this scale.

I appreciate your concern & I will be sure to pass it on.

regards

Lee

terrac
Visitor

Pinball wrote:

Nothing said of your Dark shadows/patches Terrac ?

This is not within the remit of the safety check.   So I have booked the TV in to be inspected.

profile.country.uk_UA.title
DynamoKiev7
Visitor

Today, Sony service came and changed the panel. Put the panelsample in 2008, although before that put the sample in 2009. I thought that advanced far in front of service, though recognized its mistakes stepped back. Bravo. Covering a manufacturing defectcontinues to generate its own shares. the first day on the screen iswhite clouds which occupy 60 percent of the screen. Bravo. Supe rservice. And there is simply no truth!

profile.country.uk_UA.title
DynamoKiev7
Visitor

It's just a lie! Making a campaign to free repair brand TV 2008 - 2009 years for a manufacturing defect and change to the samemarriage in 2008! It's a shame for such corporations as Sony! It's not fair! Easley made ​​a mistake then it should be corrected, rather than to continue it through the theft of money for not a quality product! Mr. StartTheCar what you think about it ?????

terrac
Visitor

sorry but that is just total gibberish to me?!  anyone else??? I'm not sure what you are trying to say.   If english is not your first language may I suggest the google translation service to help or post in your native tongue and we'll try to decipher. 

thanks..

profile.country.GB.title
Subhan222
New

Hi StartTheCar / Lee,

I suppose you are the Sony Rep. here...

i guess this tv, i have comes under recall/inspection

Thanks in advance.

IMG-20120302-WA0001.jpg

GHANIZADA
Visitor

Hi Mr Lee

I wanted to ask you if is still sony's possition that the tv should not be taken away for inspection or has changed? As i have problem with my sony kdl-40x3000 which can't start when i start it goes off and red light flashing 13 times and little stop then again flashing i contact sony they book me an agent to call me which they did today and told me they will collect the tv to inspect it in thier workshop and see if this come under the problem which sony calling back all these models.

Please if you can let me know how it works.

Thanks

barodge16
Visitor

I also have the same issue with a KDL-40D3500 that has the standby light flashing 13 times. Is this covered by Sony as it seems to be an issue with the panel according to various search engines.