Refresh rate stuck on 24hz

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
bark01
New

Refresh rate stuck on 24hz

Hi

I have a Sony kdl-50w815b.

I've started using my TV for gaming but can't get the refresh rate to change from 24hz.

When I use Vsync its limiting my FPS to 24. If I don't use vsynch then i get major tearing.

I've tried messing around with various settings on my TV and using the below web page to measure the vsync value but nothing changes.
Discover your display's VSYNC refresh rate

This is the sony support page for my TV, but I'm having issue spotting anything do with the Hz. I can't even find what the default hz is. I cant believe its 24.
Support for KDL-50W815B | Downloads, Manuals, Tutorials and FAQs | Sony UK

This seemed like the most logical thing:

Home->Settings-> System settings -> Scene select.

There are various settings such as:
Auto 
Auto (24p Sync)
Gaming 
etc

I would have thought anything other than Auto (24p) would be a 60 hz signal, but what ever I change vsync still thinks my output is 24hz.

I've tried all the different HDMI slots in case that is the limit. Does anybody know if there a limits on the HDMI slots in my particular TV? Or how to fix my issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
bark01
New

Its a PC 1080 resolution.

I found the issue. My display adpater properties -> monitor -> refresh rate was set to 24hz. Changing that to 60hz has fixed it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @bark01,

which device do you have connected (since you talk about V-Sync, I assume it is a PC)?

What resolution are you trying to use?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
bark01
New

Its a PC 1080 resolution.

I found the issue. My display adpater properties -> monitor -> refresh rate was set to 24hz. Changing that to 60hz has fixed it.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @bark01,

glad to hear that you solved the issue :slight_smile:

- Nic