Join now - be part of our community!

S/BRAVIA KDF 50E2010 STILL DARK ?

jimbo1467
Explorer

S/BRAVIA KDF 50E2010 STILL DARK ?

Hi, 1st time poster here, I have a S/Bravia rear projection lcd 50 inch tv from new. The bulb popped so i changed with a new bulb, xl2400 i think it was, anyway after i installed the new bulb correctly the picture is still dull and more worringly the is blue/purple clouds at the top left/right dropping down each side of the screen. This was the first time the bulb had to be changed as the tv had been well looked after and hardly used since i bought it in 2007. Does anyone have any idea what the problems are ? i thought after inserting a new bulb the picture would brighten but it hasnt and i`ve had to increase contrast and brightness to nearly 100. I have checked and the bulb is inserted correctly. Any help would be gratefully appreciated, thnx.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Welcome to the forums.

It might be best to contact a Sony authorised repair agent for your problem - it sounds more hardware that I doubt that can be resolved on the forums.

See link : HERE

Cheers

jimbo1467
Explorer

Thank you for replying, i have now sent an enquiry via the link you sent me. Hopefully i will get a speedy reply to my problem.