Join now - be part of our community!

Satellite icon is missing KDL32W5810 TV - How do I connect satellite freesat?

profile.country.en_GB.title
nebrown18
Explorer

Satellite icon is missing KDL32W5810 TV - How do I connect satellite freesat?

I should be able to press 'Home' to get the menu crossbar, but there is NO 'Satellite' icon between 'Digital' and 'Analogue' icons.

Satellite feed cable checks OK on a Sky box, but I want it to run Freesat as it should.

Software problem? or have I missed something in locating this icon to set up.

Pressing the 'Digital' button on the remote should toggle to 'Satellite' according to the instruction manual, but my set doesn't do what it should for some reason.

Set is now out of warranty, so I need some outside assistance or kindly knowledgable Sony advice.

I believe firmware is version 7.00

Could that need upgrade? Would that work?

Thanks.

Message was edited by: nebrown18

Message was edited by: nebrown18

3 REPLIES 3
DougSW
Visitor

I have exactly the same problem on a KDL37W5810 it was fine until last weekend then the freesat just disappeared. Nebrown18 have you managed to sort this problem have Sony helped?

Peadro1
New

Hi, I'm having the same trouble, I know this is an old post but in the off chance did anybody get any solutions?

nebrown18
Explorer

SONY customer services are as useful as a box of chocolate frogs...

This is not the only SONY product that has been a total waste of money, and I have now resigned from ever putting any of my money in temptations way of SONY products ever again.

Sorry I cannot say that it has been fixed, because it is likely that this TV will find its way into the local council tip shortly, and be replaced by a Panasonic, Samsung or LG product. At least these companies supply goods that keep working, and do what they say on the box...