Join now - be part of our community!

Screen Mirroring from iPad with Chromecast

dickierock
Explorer

Screen Mirroring from iPad with Chromecast

I am thinking of purchasing Google chromecast to try and mirror to a 2007/2008 Sony Bravia from Ipad...can you confirm this will be successful

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @dickierock

You will not be able to screen-mirror an Ipad (or other Apple products) using Chromecast or other similar devices.  Google/Sony and many other companies use a technology called 'Miracast'.  Unfortunately Apple has to be different and use their own called 'Airplay'.  You will need to purchase an Apple TV device instead.

Please also familiarise yourself on how to post a new topic on these forums (see HERE) - as you have just replied to a Netflix FAQ topic, which is nothing to do with your question.  I have moved your question to a new topic on its own. 

Cheers

profile.country.NL.title
Flashlab2

While the TV doesn't support Airplay out of the box, there are apps in the Google Play Store that allow your TV to be an Airplay compatible device. I have tested this and it works with my iPhone and iMac.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads up @Flashlab2 - Although this person has a 2007/08 TV (model unknown) and hence cannot install apps.

profile.country.NL.title
Flashlab2

Whoops, never assume people have the same model as me... I didn't look up the TV model.