Join now - be part of our community!

screen mirroring KDL 42W654

SOLVED
kwakefield33
Explorer

screen mirroring KDL 42W654

Hello. I am trying to connect my samsung phone and ipad. I can see the Bravia WiFi signal but am then asked for a password. What password? I have tried everythig but no success. The TV shows ...waiting to connect device. Any help is welcome. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
gofrost

Sony uses a technology called Miracast for this which is an alternative to apple's Airplay mirroring,so the ipad could communicate with the tv but through Apple tv.If you google miracast certified devices you will see a list of all the devices which will work

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
gofrost

Sony uses a technology called Miracast for this which is an alternative to apple's Airplay mirroring,so the ipad could communicate with the tv but through Apple tv.If you google miracast certified devices you will see a list of all the devices which will work

Hi did you get this sorted if so how? I've tried with my macbook and galaxy3 with no joy

Hello,

I have the same problem. For screen mirroring I want to connect my Samsung Galaxy S3 to the wireless of the tv and is asking me a password, which is not the network password. Do you know where I can find that password? Also when I am searching my tv on my phone at ,,networks" everytime I have other name: DIRECT-gD-BRAVIA or DIRECT-PM-BRAVIA or DIRECT-qW-BRAVIA.

I have connected my phone 2 weeks ago and the screen mirroring has working using my network password but now is not working anymore.

Please help :slight_smile:

Dixoc22
Explorer

Hi I've been having trouble connecting my samsung s3 to my sony bravia but think I've sussed it now.
The password that everybody mentions is found by doing the following: on your bravia select settings, then network, wi-if direct settings then a screen appears saying please connect from wifi device select options with your tv remote. Their should be three options select manual then other methods, you then should have a SSID number and a WPA key this is your tv wifi's password.

What worked for me was pairing my phone to the tv's wifi then on the samsung S3 it has a button for screen mirroring which is found in the same place as your other buttons for tuning your wifi and Bluetooth etc ( normally in the top slide down box on the main screen) if yours isn't their you need to add it from the options.

Hope this helps just glad mine is working but think I'm wasting my time trying to connect my ipad as I think you need to buy Apple TV to do it
shgreen30
Explorer

I found the password (WPA Key) for DIRECT-xX-BRAVIA under Home-->Settings--->Network--->Wi-fi Direct Settings--->Options--->Manual--->Other Methods.

Didn't help me one bit though.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You don't have to connect directly to the wifidirect of the TV in order to do the screen mirroring. IT is done automatically by those wifi cards that are compatible leaving your main connection to internet on the standard WIFI connection to the router and an additional channel via wifidirect to the tv to pass on screen and audio data.

Unfortunately no brand guarantee you that all the terminal will work. I've setup a Sony Z2 tablet and it is working as expected like a charm: you don't have to do nothing: just put it near the bluetooth NFC enabled remote and it connect in few seconds...

BTW it works (manually) also with a Sammy F5400, but it is not certified by Sammy itself... seems like it's luck you have to rely on with this technology

Davidwarrington
Explorer

How do I screen mirror my IPad Air to the Sony Bravia TV

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

No way: Apple products can be mirrored only to Apple TV via airplay protocol

mr.kevinbose
Explorer

Watch the Below video for a step by step instruction on how to screen mirror on sony tv....