Join now - be part of our community!

Simple IP control bug

profile.country.GB.title
keynet
New

Simple IP control bug

Not sure if there's an official place to log bugs - there should be!

Simple IP remote control - not the complex XML-RPC variety, but the simple fixed 24 character variety, as defined by the document "Sony Simple IP Control Protocol for BRAVIA", most easily found here: https://pro-bravia.sony.net/develop/integrate/ip-control/

I have a KDL-40W705 and the protocol works for the most part - with a few quirks.

The largest issue so far is that TV channel selection is broken, the command "setChannel", which corresponds to *SCCHNNXXXXXXXX.XXXXXXX is OK if you give it channel 1  (*SCCHNN00000001.0000000), but give it anything above about 55, e.g. *SCCHNN00000057.0000000 and it replies ACHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, AKA "No such channel".

Manually select that channel on the IR remote and it will NOTIFY you with message *SNCHNN00000057.0000000, so it knows the channel exists alright.  This wouldn't be a problem if most channels were low numbers but what about HD channels BBC1 HD etc, i.e numbers 101, 102 etc ? No HD channels are directly selectable!  I tried various numbers like 1.01, 10.1 etc in case of documentation bugs, and still no joy.

SONY : A fix to the firmware and a tad wore testing would be a great idea !

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, I would advise you to contact Sony's technical support team about this. Contact info can be found here

profile.country.GB.title
keynet
New

I have done, thanks.