Join now - be part of our community!

Since several months, my 46EX721 TV goes alone in standby mode several hours after having turned it off

profile.country.fr_FR.title
rvfr750
Visitor

Since several months, my 46EX721 TV goes alone in standby mode several hours after having turned it off

Hello all,

Since several months, my 46EX721 TV goes alone in standby mode (red light on) several hours after having turned it off (light off) with the on/off button which is on the right of the screen (after watching TV) !

Then, when I press the on/off button on the right of the screen, the light goes finally off (permanently).

Then, after several days, when I press the on/off button of the remote control to turn the TV on, the light goes red and a click sound can be heard (instead the TV to go on).

When I press again the on/off button of the remote control, the light finally goes green and the TV goes on (and works well).

Is this normal, whereas it was not working like this during the first months of use ?

I wonder if this is a failure. My TV is still under warranty.

Is it the consequence of an automatic firmware upgrade ?

For information, here are the used connectors :

- digital antenna input

- HDMI 1 (where a Freebox Revolution, with an up to date firmware, is connected ; the problem is present regardless HDMI-CEC: on or off)

- Audio out (where an analogic audio amplifier is connected)

- LAN (internet connection)

The TV is powered via a surge protector.

Thank you,

rvfr750 (from France).

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

im hoping th link will clarify things, however the point is i would not worry about turning the tv off altogether u;ess your going on holiday or something, standby only uses 0.02-0.04 of a watt which is nothing.

if you feel your tv is behaving other than the link suggests then you should contact your local authorised repair center for further advice.

http://www.sony-europe.com/support/en/product/KDL-46EX721/tips-and-solutions

profile.country.fr_FR.title
rvfr750
Visitor

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

I already read "tips and solutions" before posting, and I think my TV does not behave like described (concerning TV power operation) because :

- it goes by itself from off to standby (after several hours)

- whereafter I have to press twice (instead of once) the Power ON button of the remote commander, to turn the TV on.

I wondered if an event could cause the TV to switch by itself from off to standby mode.

I will call the Sony assistance.

rvfr750.