Join now - be part of our community!

Smart Offer free movie registration issues

profile.country.GB.title
warmstrong99
Explorer

Smart Offer free movie registration issues

Is any one else having the following issue:-

Registered and received my cashback via the Sony Smart Offer promotion BUT...

In the covering letter I received it stated that if I registered my Bravia TV at www.sony.co.uk/thebeginning I would receive seven free movie downloads and 180 days of unlimited music free from the Sony Entertainment Network.

Nice I thought, but as it takes time for the Smart Offer to be processed I had gone through all the registering of my Sony products on www.sony.co.uk/mysony so when I received my letter and the "free offers and I tried to register my TV at www.sony.co.uk/thebeginning Ireceived an error message (rightly) stating my tv had already been registered.

The problem here is a chicken and egg situation where I and maybe lots of other Sony customers had registered their products on the Sony website  only to receive this letter and consequently getting this error when trying to get their free movies and music.

I called the Smart Offer Helpline before Christmas  with this issue and was told "it was a known issue and was being worked on and that I would receive an email letting me know how to access the free content".

I never received that email so called them again to be told  " the web site has crashed and we don't know when it will be working", I asked how long it had been crashed for and was there any timescales for it to up and running again and was told " it's been down for about 5 weeks and we have not been told when it will be working again" -  sounded like a fob-off to me so gave up at that point.

Don't get me wrong - I'm very happy with the cashback and the performance of all my Sony kit but come on Sony, you are a major international  company with a reputation to uphold so a note on your websites to lrt your customers know what's going on would. help.

So if anyone from Sony is monitoring this site and woiuld like to comment - would like to hear from you.

Rant over.

RA

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Cally41
Visitor

You have just reminded me that I signed up for this lot this but with all the 'fun' of Christmas etc I had clean forgot about it.

Like you I love the TV - even thought I have much to learn about it all!!!  Also the cash back was a bonus.

With not having heard anything I had begun to doubt that I had signed up for anything but having read this I know I am waiting for this free movie and music offer too.