Join now - be part of our community!

SONY 46NX723 3D IMAGE SHADOWING

profile.country.en_GB.title
SHADDERS1979
Visitor

SONY 46NX723 3D IMAGE SHADOWING

Hi All,

I've recently purchased a KDL-46NX723 3D LED SMART TV......

Firstly I would like to say that this really is a great TV. I've been really impressed with Standard and High Definition TV (Virgin Media), Blu-Ray 2D content is simply superb and gaming suffer next to hardly any noticable input lag.

HOWEVER, I have a prblem with the 3D content. I've got a pair of TDG-BR100B 3D active glasses. I am seeing image shadowing whilst in 3D mode and this makes it uncomfortable to watch.

TV picture settings are set to defualt basically and I am using the cinema scene.

Has anyone else had this issue or heard of this issue with their SONY TV?

Any advice or guidance would be very much appreciated.

Chris

9 REPLIES 9
Bravia55HX

Hi,

have you tried to change the 3D depth adjustment by pressing the 3D button on the remote to see if it helps.

SHADDERS1979
Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've not tried this. I will give this a go.

SHADDERS1979
Visitor

Hi,

I have tried what you suggested. Sadly this never really helped the problem......

I called Sony UK Support yesterday. They seem to be fully aware of this issue and are sending me out 3 sets of Anti-Distortion Polarizing Filters. This according to Sony will vastly improve the 3D expereince and Image quality.

I'll post agian once I receive them.

Spongebob290
Visitor

Hi Shadders,

same TV same problem.... i read another post on here and one guy said he ordered the filters 4 weeks ago and he still hasnt got them. The question I have...If Sony know there is a problem...why are they still selling the very expensive TVs with a known fault?  All 3D content is totally unwatchable and Sony know it.

I am taking mine back matey...all £1,500.00 worth and buying the superb LG TV I was originally looking at :slight_frown:

Rob

profile.country.GB.title
65hx923_cust11
New

One of the 3D problems is the tilt issues. If one tilts the head the 3D effect is lost immediately and the colours go bananas. These filters will only solve the tilt problem. They will not improve any other of the problems these TV’s have with 3D. So do not expect any improvement in 3D quality with these filters. They also make the image darker. If your main reason to buy the TV is 3D then Sony is not the brand for you.

I bought a 65HX923. Admittedly 3D is greatly improved in the HX range. However it has visible x-talk. In addition the panel was faulty, 2D also rubbish, and my Sony Centre went into administration. If you want a refund or exchange be very quick or you might end up with a faulty TV and lengthy battle to get a good one.

Bravia55HX

spongebob290,

before you rush off and buy the LG (been there already!) consider the fact that motion handling is not particularly good and their claim to full1080p 3D using passive tech has come under fire also, see thread below.

http://www.whathifi.com/news/lg-3d-adverts-ruled-to-have-been-misleading

it seems most manufacturers will have their own set of faults (panasonic and samsung also), so in terms of 3D well its still in its infancy and if it survives can only improve with later builds.

baddesign
Explorer

For some strange reason I can make a new post 😞 OK heres the problem/s Had a SONY 46NX723 with same fault, nothing was done about it SONY wanted me to pay for a TV repair agent to come around & sort out because out of warranty. You expect a SONY TV to fail in 3-4 years. Anyways so our other 46N723 (purchased end of 2011 manufacture date 09.2011 ) recently developed exactly same fault 5 blinks & wouldnt come out of standby BUT sometimes it would power on as normal but then shut down at some point later on. did the usual  up + & power on button side of TV- unplug power socket blah blah etc to reset BUT still not fixed, instead switches on but with green shades everywhere. (read on net 'solarization')

So after hours & hours spent on internet heres what others have said the problem is.. a faulty TCON board or panel. How can this be on an expensive TV barely 4 years old??

So SONY how can you expect someone who paid nearly £2000 just to throw more money at it? just to get it looked at? Ive had SAMSUNGs in the past & their aftersales/customer care is far better (even when out of warranty, within 5 years & they didnt charge anything)

Ive read USA customers of the equivalent model 46NX720  have had the same problems with the NX720- so why not recall or repair for free? My brother still has a46NX713 which is STILL going strong, infact it seems to me the NX71x is of a better quality build than the NX72x.

I will NO longer purchase any SONY products

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im not sure if your asking a question or making a statement.  However from my information 5 x blinks for this TV is a TCON fault.

Cheers

baddesign
Explorer

Thanks for your reply. My post was both a statement ( for information purposes for all to see) :slight_smile: and a question :slight_smile:

& the question to SONY 'WHY not sort this out'? SONY is being very unfair.

Like Ive already told SONY over the phone.. 'Im NOT going to spend another penny on SONY'

SONY listens..yeah right! :grin:

SONY expect me to pay for a diagnosis even when the fault is already known.