Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 65xd8599, sound bar htct790, Sky+box

dhanpal.panwar
Explorer

Sony 65xd8599, sound bar htct790, Sky+box

Hi all,

can you please advice as how to connect the SKY+ box, soundbar (htct790) to the sony tv (65xd8559). Currently tv is connected directly to sky and soundbar connected to tv throught optical cable. I should be able to control sounbdar through the tv remote.

Can you please help with this setup?

Regards

DP

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In order to use the TV remote control for the Soundbar, you must use the HDMI port instead of the optical. 

Simply disconnect and remove the optical cable and plug a HDMI cable from the HT-CT790 (HDMI-OUT ARC) to the TVs HDMI-ARC port (HDMI 4 on your TV). 

Ensure that Bravia Sync is enabled on the TV (by default it is) and ensure that "Control for HDMI" is enabled on the HT-CT790 (by default it is).

Note: When disconnected and reconnecting cables on the TV, its best to turn the TV off first.

Cheers

dhanpal.panwar
Explorer

Thanks for your reply. How do you connect the sky box? Does it news to connect to tv or it connects to sound bar?

Please help how to connect all these three.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ooops - I forgot you mentioned the Sky+ box.  I can be plugged into either to be honest.  However I would plug it into the TV. 

Remember to set the TV Speakers to "Audio System" - Can be done via the "Action Menu" button on the TV remote Control. 

Cheers