Join now - be part of our community!

SONY BRAVIA 3D LED TV - how to reduce crosstalk?

profile.country.bg_BG.title
Skumov
Visitor

SONY BRAVIA 3D LED TV - how to reduce crosstalk?

Hi guys, i bought few days ago Sony KDL 32EX720 3d TV. After trying to watch some 3d movies (SBS) i see a lot of crosstalk which makes 3d films unwatchable. Can you please help me, how to reduce the crosstalk, i have installed the latest firmware. I play films via HDMI 1.4 from my notebook, everythings fine except the crosstalk. Anyone solved this issue?

28 REPLIES 28
Skumov
Visitor

It's too late for return it. I lost my box, and they will not get it in this condition. Im sure that no one keep the box 2 weeks after buy it - its too large. Otherwise i can bring the TV in the service, but its not broken, so they will not get it back again... stupid rules!! Im so disappointed, i will never buy Sony again! At least they must post their point somewhere, are they working on fixing this?! There are so many people who talk about this problem, and no answer. Here is a thread for these problems on the official Sony support forum: https://forum.sel.sony.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=9542

More than 100 posts and no answer from Sony, WTF?! PLEASE HELP!

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi again,

its very unfortunate i agree, admittedly i know many that do not keep the box, mine on the other hand is much bigger and the box is in the bedroom!, may i suggest, as after all this is basically a chat forum, that you try contacting Sony support using the support tab at the top of the page, im not sure at this point that you need to check your country of origin first so that you get the right support from the right people, you really need to do this if you want to move forward with this, and please as frustrating as this may be, its no good ranting and raving about it, explain clearly your problem and dont forget to post up on here how things progress.

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited for spelling mistake by: Bravia55HX923

Skumov
Visitor

Hi. I already contacted Sony Bulgaria, but they didn't help me alot. They suggest me to bring the TV to service, but as i said this isn't a damage. Its from when i get it brand new.. There's many people owners of EX720 series, no matter of the size, and they also talk for this problems. So this is a discussion forum, i thought here we can share our own experience and problems, forums are for this. First time when i post here, i was thinking that this is only mine problem, but later i saw there's many customers like me... Sorry but let me know where i can write about the problems i have? I think customers are most important i every bussiness, and they pay a lot of money for crap like this. You may be think this is not big problem, but let me tell you something. In Bulgaria i get 350 euros/month from my job, and the TV cost me 800+ euros (including 4 pairs of sony glasses). So for me its a big problem, my family, my daughter expected to watch 3d films, but with this TV they can't! I waste my (our) money for 2d television, if i want 2d i will buy cheaper TV. If you think that's normal OK, but i dont think so. That's enough for now, cheers!

Bravia55HX

Hi,

i believe you mis-understood me, its absolutely fine to post on here to share your problems etc, i had not realised you contacted Sony support already, all you can do is hope a Sony moderator picks up on this thread and will provide you with any further assistance to your problem,

heres hoping.

Skumov
Visitor

Yeah, i pray every day for that! Hope we all will get a fix very soon :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Skumov
Visitor
andimassey123
Visitor

Hi Skumov,  Continuing from my previous response.  I finally got off my bum and arranged an engineer from comet to come round to look at this abismal 3d image. The guy from comet arrived this morning, put on the glasses and immediately agreed 'theres something wrong with the software on that mate'. After tring to upload the latest firmware from his prepared usb stick he realised it was already up to date. Being as the firmware was up to date yet the picture was so horrible he signed off the TV as faulty and gave me a reciept to get it changed. So I boxed up the TV, lumbered into the car, drove 10 miles, got it swapped over, (you know where this is going dont you?)drove back, fitted it to the wall, switched it on....lo and behold, exactly the same.

Bottom line....sony = crap 3d.

They wont ever sort this out, they'll bring out a new TV with new hardware and forget this ever needed an update.

And Mr Sony dont give me that rubbish about filters and not being set up correctly out of the box.  Its obvious for Skumovs images that the picture is so far separated its impossible the fool the eye into thinking its 3d.  It looks like Sonys method of displaying 3d fans out from the bottom of the screen splitting the image the further it goes up the screen.

It looks like I have to grim and bare it, but why should I? Its and £1800 quid TV with £90 glasses.

Skumov
Visitor

So sad mate, i have contacted today again Sony - Bulgaria and they told me to bring it to service, but as i understand its not possible even if i change with another to be better... I'll keep this piece of crap and will watch 2d movies only, and next time will buy Samsung or another better brand. SONY = CRAP!

Cheers!

Skumov
Visitor

Darmac, are you think im so stupid? I have the TV since 3 months and i have tried everything from the settings, also i try the best recommended settings from sites who make professional calibration.. there's no way to inprove 3d picture on this crap!

Btw are you happy with your 3d picture?!

profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

Sony crap, Sony bad, Sony sh..t ...  I can not hear it any more. Why You guys do not play with settings.

So Smukov, set up 3D Glasses Brightness to low in 3D manu, using options on remote. Look I manual on I manual button on remote TV or download it from support page. Turn off Motion flow and chose side by side in option 3D on TV.

R

Damac