Join now - be part of our community!

sony bravia connecting to google

profile.country.en_GB.title
kingmmaptor
Visitor

sony bravia connecting to google

i have set up the sony bravia and can connect to bbc iplayer but when go to internet browser cannot get past sony homepage, trying to set google as homepage

7 REPLIES 7

why do I continue to get connecting to Google.  How do I get beyond this>

pkane1690
New

Me Too!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately me too doesnt help.  This topic is from 2012.  

• Require information such as model number of tv,
  • what you are trying to do and
  • what is happening or not happening

Cheers

pkane1690
New

Sony Bravia KDL 40W705C I want to be able to connect to the internet and search for content, using my TV and via my home whi fi broadband. My broadband is provided by cable from Virgin Media. I can access and connect to Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer etc via the apps provided by Sony. The download speed and signal quality are both excellent. Currently I can only use the apps provided by Sony and accessed via the ALL Apps function on the screen. I would like to use Google for this and be able to download and access any available app, like the new Channel 4 app All4. The TV is six months old and sold to me by John Lewis. Thanks
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@pkane1690 unfortunately you choose the wrong TV set from Sony, Android TV is the operating system from W750 onward, your model has a proprietary Sony operating system and the app available are the ones available only in its own store.

Mimmi2016
New

Hello, I have TV KD49xD8305BAEP, I can not activate my google account on my TV. I have tryed with my emailadress and password. What else can I do.

Regards

Gunnar (adress in Sweden)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

When I reset my TV - instead of manually inputting my email address and password, a TV message came up with a web address:  http://g.co/AndroidTV  try setting it up with that when trying to add a google account - a code should appear on the TV.

Cheers