Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia interfering with remote controlled garage doors.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
littlepotters
New

Sony Bravia interfering with remote controlled garage doors.

We have just moved our Sony Bravia TV to a new location within the house. When the TV is on standby we are unable to open our garage doors  with the remote. Is their any way we can overcome this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

thats a good one!, since i firmly believe that its unlikely to be the tv as we would have heard more instances of this by now, i would suggest maybe a change of frequency of the garage door commander however that should not be nessessary as it was fine before but worth a try.

since theres nothing within the tv or its remote you can change, i would indeed turn to the frequency with the garage control. you never mentioned why it was nessessary to move the tv in the first place or how close the tv is now to the garage.

its a strange one without question and bought back a problem i once had that remained unsolved to this day, when watching 3D on my Bravia i could no longer control the Varilight dimmer for the living room light with the remote, it ony did this when watching 3D ! very odd indeed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

thats a good one!, since i firmly believe that its unlikely to be the tv as we would have heard more instances of this by now, i would suggest maybe a change of frequency of the garage door commander however that should not be nessessary as it was fine before but worth a try.

since theres nothing within the tv or its remote you can change, i would indeed turn to the frequency with the garage control. you never mentioned why it was nessessary to move the tv in the first place or how close the tv is now to the garage.

its a strange one without question and bought back a problem i once had that remained unsolved to this day, when watching 3D on my Bravia i could no longer control the Varilight dimmer for the living room light with the remote, it ony did this when watching 3D ! very odd indeed.