Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KD-75XE8596 - terrible back light bleeding

profile.country.CZ.title
Jirka86
New

Sony Bravia KD-75XE8596 - terrible back light bleeding

Hi guys, 

I want to share my story regarding this TV ... I was a huge SONY fan, but everything has changed after I bought the TV in question. I always wanted a big screen TV and after spending 2 whole month with Samsung UE75MU6172 (I work for SVOD company, so we have lots of TVs in the office), I decided I want 75 inch screen, and since I was a SONY fan I decided Bravia is the right choice (also because I have PS3 and PS4 Pro system, so they would fit nicely together).

So I bought a new Sony Bravia KD-75XE8596. First, I was really happy with the TV, the colours are nice, sound is ok. But while I was watching it, mostly during the nights, I started to notice weird shapes on the screen with black pictures or even in dark scenes (see the picture). 

During nightDuring nightduring daylightduring daylightI did a research and found out some of the TVs might have this issue, but after contacting official SONY servis, SONY will change the TV for a new one, because it is clearly a faulty panel. Well, I did just that ... but they have returned this TV back saying it is a perfect picture and nothing is wrong with it. 

I don't think this is perfect picture, considering the TV cost 3 000 $. So I contacted SONY Ceska republika over the website. And I got a response that I should put the brightness down (spoiler alert it still there even if you put it really low ...) and that ALL Sony TVs are thoroughly QA'd so there is no chance SONY would put faulty TV to production.... so in other words miss Sarka Svitakova (the employee on the customer service e-mail) spat to my face. It is like "you have already spent money with us, so f*ck you."

So if this is really a SONY "golden standard" of quality screen and also customer care, I would rather recommend buying the Samsung UE75MU6172 since it is cheaper and it doesn't have backlight bleeding in standard specs. If it isn't a golden standard I would like to know who should I contact over this issue.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.CZ.title
Jirka86
New

Just wanted to share the evidence ... I spent some more time at work, so I could show you the difference between overpriced ghost of a screen SONY Ceska republika considers perfect and cheaper Samsung UE75MU6172.

The conditions were the same, complete darkness at night, with the Samsung brightness being turned a bit higher than on Bravia

IMG_2678.JPG

I can tell you only this much, I have enjoyed every bit of a second watching anything on that Samsung ... and I am incredibly annoyed watching those ghosts interfering on Sony Bravia.

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there, 

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Please see the following information here and steps you can follow to reduce backlight bleeding.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.CZ.title
Jirka86
New

Well that didn't solve any of my problem really, except my TV's brightness goes haywire everytime I am watching anything, and also the LED light is pretty much annoying since I am watching everything at night with no lights on (like in the cinema).

But it was a bad choice on my side, I really didn't realise this could happen. This is clearly a TV that needs to be watched ONLY with lights on or during daylight .... meaning totally the opposite to what I require.

I am selling this one and buying  the Samsung UE75NU8002 instead. This panel is made to be watched in total darkness with no ghosts whatsoever (according to many reviews .. I am also going to check on this TV at our local store and do the thorough inspection this time). 

Anyways, thanks for your reply.

Have a nice day, guys.

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi again,

It might be best to get in touch with the Support team to discuss this further here.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc