Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL -40BX400 restarts without warning

profile.country.en_GB.title
liltman79
Visitor

Sony Bravia KDL -40BX400 restarts without warning

Hello, had this TV since October and I'm very happy with it, apart for this occasional problem. When watching Sky connected to my HDMI1 port, the screen will go black for a few minutes and then restart itself. At first I thought it was a problem with my Sky HD box, but three weeks back it happened while watching a DVD through my HDMI3 port. Can anyone help? It seems to happen two or three times a month.

3 REPLIES 3
bamphire
Visitor

Yes mine is also doing this and have posted on another thread,  because they are having probs as well.

Its very random,  and I too thought it was my sky HD box. But me and DD were playing on Wii and it just went off, makes the click sound like when you turn it off.

I bought mine in argos and they will exchange for another (with 30days),  but if its a model fault I'd rather pay extra and have a different one!!  really wanted the sony as best picture.....  but now not too sure?

liltman79
Visitor

Thanks for the reply, do you have a link to the other thread? Mine has been taken in for repair, but I'm worried about how long this will take as they are leaving the machine running until the fault happens, and it sometimes takes weeks for it to click off. I think I'd rather pay extra and get a better model.

liltman79
Visitor

I've seen the link to the other thread, ta