Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL-40S2010 overscanning issue on HDMI

profile.country.GB.title
Robert.Dobson
Explorer

Sony Bravia KDL-40S2010 overscanning issue on HDMI

When I plug in any hdmi device into my Sony Bravia KDL-40S2010  the image becomes zoomed in. I've done some reasearch and this seems to be overscanning which I can fix on my wii u in its settings but I cant fix this on my Google chromecast as it doesn't have any picture settings. People have been saying to change the display area to full pixel but that setting doesn't seem to appear on my tv. When I go into screen settings on the tv, while on the hdmi output, everything is greyed out except for "display area" which only have three options, "normal", "-1", "-2", neither which fixes my problem.

If someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Robert, 

Please have a look at the suggestions on this page and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Robert.Dobson
Explorer

I've checked through the page and none of them fixed my problem but I noticed that most of the settings my tv says "feature not available for current signal" also I noticed in the page it says "Some options may not be able to be changed - Some devices and TVs do not have the capability to change the aspect ratio of the picture when a 720p or 1080i signal is being output or received." My chromecast is outputting in 720p and my wii u is outputting in 1080i. Is it anything to do with this and therefore impossible to fix?

Thanks,

Robert

profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi Robert

Once you have set your TV to 'Normal' (overscan off) you may have to do the same for your other devices. The menu relevant settings is usually easy to find. 

Cheers

Mick