Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL-40W2000 Not Storing Channels

jcarr48
Explorer

Sony Bravia KDL-40W2000 Not Storing Channels

Hi All,

We bought my wife's Nanna a second TV for herbedroom, (she broke her hip recently and has been bedbound.) It only stores channels for a short time before it needs a new channel search which I gather could be a firmware issue. I can't find a USB port to update and have read that it updates via the aerial, current firmware is 2.5.512

If it isn't firmware are there any other possible fixes?

Many thanks in advance,

John

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

How long are thr channels 'staying' on the TV?  Are you finding that the channels neec to be rescanned in the morning - as they are lost over night?

Cheers

jcarr48
Explorer

Hi, it can be as little as 20 mins.

Regards,

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ouch 20 mins or something like that.  There is something not quite right there and can only assume its a hardware issue.  The thing is, the TV is nearly 10 years old (released in Sept of 2006), so repairing it is probably un-economical.

I hate to say this, but you probably want to consider purchasing another TV.

Cheers

Caledonian_TV
Contributor

I spoke to one of our contacts who used to be in the repair trade...  Apparently it's a board-level fault which, as Quinnicus suggests, isn't generally economical to repair.  - Rather than chuck it though, a better option might be to feed it from a set-top box which will also add the HD channels that, in any case, the set's own internal tuner isn't able to pick up.