Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL-V40A12U not storing channels re switchover

profile.country.en_GB.title
jallen47
Visitor

Sony Bravia KDL-V40A12U not storing channels re switchover

Sony Bravia KDL-V40A12U not storing channels since switchover and retune.

I have turned the power off completely over night do a cold start made no difference.

I have left the tv on after retune with the new channels for an hour, when the tv is turned off channels missing.

Channels are still there if I turn back on withing 5 minutes, obviously a memory problem...?

Anybody have any ideas how to resolve this issue.

8 REPLIES 8
richardvanderknaap
Visitor

yes i think i have the same problem with my TV.  When  retune my digital, it only get 22 channels in total which wortk OK.  But no BBC or ITV.  Is that that the problem you have 

AlleluiaPTL
Visitor

I have the same problem.  I wish Sony would try and resolve this issue. It is happening to alot of people if you search the web.

AlleluiaPTL
Visitor

Hi everyone,

I think that I have solved the problem.

You may need to download an update to the TV software.

Go to this link: 

http://

You will need to check what your current software version is on your TV. If you need the newer version download it from your pc/laptop onot a USB memory stick. This USB stick fits into a port on the side of the TV.

You can then start the update.  Follow the instructions carefully from the link I gave you. The TV will go off while updating but wait until it comes back on and confirms update successful.

Regards

AlleluiaPTL

AlleluiaPTL
Visitor

You may need to update the software on your TV. Go to this link here:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KDL-46W5810/downloads/FW_Bravia1740SA

First check your current software version. If you need to update it. First download the newer version on to a USB memory stick. Follow the instructions on the link carefully or get someone who is pc/TV savvy to do it for you. The USB stick fits into the side of the TV.

The TV will go off while updating but wait until it comes back on and confirms update successful.

I found after doing the update I had to redo the clock on the TV  and retuned the digital channels.

I'm waiting untl tomorrow(after the TV has been switched on standby tonite) to see if the programs have been saved .

AlleluiaPTL

AlleluiaPTL
Visitor

Updating the software had not resolved this problem.   Has anyone any ideas . This getting really frustrating.

AlleluiaPTL

Tomredo
Visitor

I have exactly the same with a SONY Bravia KDL40S5650 since the Digital Switchover on 26th Oct. Have downloaded the latest firmware, but to no avail. Also had 3 year warranty with the TV but SONY seem to be disputing this although t is not 3yr old until late December. Did you have any joy getting your problem resolved? Ta

bwlboy13
New

profile.country.GB.title
ron4977
New

I had the same problem, was solved by tuning manually, you need to know the channel numbers to tune in.

The channel numbers for the North East are 50, 54, 55, 56, 59. this worked for me.