Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia TV broke my Pen Drive?

profile.country.en_GB.title
weblabrador
New

Sony Bravia TV broke my Pen Drive?

Hi all, i recently bought a sony bravia tv, but i have had difficulty recording stuff onto a 32gb pen drive i popped in the back, it was always a bit hit and miss when recording stuff. Now the drive is no longer recognised by the tv, i can't unformat it and when plugged into a mac it no longer recognises it either... It does still appear on Disk Utility with the partitions that the TV put on the drive, but it cannot be read or cleared to restore it to everyday use... Any help would be greatly received...

The TV model is a Sony Bravia KDL40HX753BU.

Message was edited by: weblabrador

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
weblabrador
New

Yay, it's now broken another one, and it's now completely unusable too..! It's great to see SONY really taking customer servoce and product testing to a new level... (that was sarcasm, btw, i'm never buying another sony product after this.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It could be worse - The pen drive breaking the Sony TV?

Anyhow - What makes you think the drive is broken?  What are you trying to do?  What happened before hand?  Did you go through the "de-registration" process ?  I dont suppose you unplugged it, whilst data was still being written?

As you can see, plenty of questions here. 

Cheers

profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

Hi

As Quinnicus wrote, there are only a few info about issue, but, lets try…

There’re several methods in order to “clean/recover” removable media (HDD, SD, etc).

--Visit removable media producer’s site. Many times, there’re dedicated/customized software to do so.

--For SD cards and many USB stick memories (that using the same standard), use  SD Formatter -  (SDcard.org) (You must use not only “Format” option  but also “Format Size Adjustment ON”)

--But the best, with Windows OS, is “clean” or “clean all” option of “diskpart Command-Line”

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/cc766465(v=ws.10).aspx

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300415/en-us

On “Command Prompt” (cmd.exe) rightclick” with mouse and select “Run as administrator

On Command-line:

diskpart

list disk

select disk XX

clean (or clean all that deletes everything on media (secure erase, without possibility to recover data anymore), but it’s too slow!)

Then format media with or without “diskpart”

Warning! Be very careful when using “select disk XX” command! If you select a wrong media, you’ll erase all data on partition/disk selected!

Here’s an Example of diskpart clean and clean all commands

Jannis  

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)