Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia TV KDL40WD653 - unable to connect to wireless router

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
ndgower
New

Sony Bravia TV KDL40WD653 - unable to connect to wireless router

My TV was connected to my TalkTalk wireless router, which has a WPS button. I have not experienced any problems with the connection until today, when on trying to access the BBC iplayer a network set-up screen appeared. When I viewed the network settings and connections, the wireless device on the TV was found but the local access and Internet access failed. I tried switching off the router but it made no difference to the result. When I tried to set up the network connection, using the easy option and the WPS option, the message that appeared was 'WPS router not found'.

My phone connects to the router. We also have a p.c. that is connected to the router. We have no other devices connecting to the router

Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can reconnect to the wireless router, please?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi ndgower, 

Welcome to the community. 

Are you able to use other apps, aside from BBC iPlayer, on your TV?

Let us know if so, but if not, I would recommend contacting Sony Support about this here

Thanks, 

Pascale_F

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi ndgower, 

Welcome to the community. 

Are you able to use other apps, aside from BBC iPlayer, on your TV?

Let us know if so, but if not, I would recommend contacting Sony Support about this here

Thanks, 

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
ndgower
New

Thank you for your help, Pascale. I cannot use any other apps so I shall contact Sony Support.

Nigel

I have exact same issue on my Sony KD-65XF7000 tv. On connection results it says the following:

"Wireless Device on TV: found

Local Access: Failed

Internet Access: Failed" 

I don't find a sollution for the problem on this specific post eventhough it says its solved. 

profile.country.GB.title
ndgower
New

Hi,

I checked my emails and I found one from the Sony Support Centre that contained the advice below. It is a while ago, and I am sorry but I can’t remember how I resolved it but I can only assume that one of the suggestions worked. I think I might have to return to factory settings.

Thank you for contacting Sony support.

We are sorry to learn that your Sony KDL-40WD653would not connect to your router.

In an attempt to resolve the issue, please follow the below:

1- Un-plug the TV from the mains.
2- Disconnect any external devices connected to the TV’s ports and plug the TV back after 60 seconds.
3- Ensure the TV has the latest firmware version by following the below:
https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-wd60x_w60xd_wd65x_w65xd-series/kdl-40wd653/downlo...
4- If the TV is not recognizing your home network only but it’s finding other networks, please try connecting the TV to a different network (A personal hot spot for instance).

If the above steps do not resolve the issue, please follow the below to reset the device to the factory settings:

Home - Settings - Customer support - Factory settings - Yes.

After resetting the TV, If the TV is not connecting to your home network only but it’s connecting to other networks, please contact your internet service provider. If it’s not recognising any networks, we can confirm the TV requires inspection, please reply back to us with the below details to arrange an inspection for you:

-2 contact numbers.
-Your address.
-Is the TV wall mounted?
-Once the repair is done, would you like to receive a short survey regarding the service you received from the repair center?
-A copy of the VAT proof of purchase.

Also, you may follow the link below and confirm the terms and conditions of the Sony product’s warranty:

http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/warranty

For registration purposes, please reply back with the device’s 7 digits serial number.

profile.country.GB.title
BILTWO
Explorer