Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL-40EX723 delivered brand new, but box resealed?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Puma937
Visitor

Sony KDL-40EX723 delivered brand new, but box resealed?

We've just taken delivery of the above Bravia TV and everything looked fine. As we are decorating at the moment, we haven't opened the box yet, BUT on closer inspection as I was moving it I can now see that the box has been resealed. It's the same tape as the original cut tape underneath, so I assume it's Sony that have resealed it.

Little bit worried now that we have received returned stock from John Lewis, although the outer box looks mint.

Is there any reason that SONY would open up a new TV and then reseal?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi

well there could be a number of reasons for this, it may have been opened to check it before sending it out, or it may be that they added or removed promotional items, for instance 3D glasses or other such accessories.

you could try phoning JL  and asking them and you could open the box yourself and check to see if it has been one thats been returned, (check the poly bags with the remote, batteries, manual etc) if they are all ok then you wont have much to worry about.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bravia55HX

Hi

well there could be a number of reasons for this, it may have been opened to check it before sending it out, or it may be that they added or removed promotional items, for instance 3D glasses or other such accessories.

you could try phoning JL  and asking them and you could open the box yourself and check to see if it has been one thats been returned, (check the poly bags with the remote, batteries, manual etc) if they are all ok then you wont have much to worry about.

Puma937
Visitor

Cheers. Is there any way to find out how old a set is, and when it was produced? Serial No, Batch No: etc....

Bravia55HX

yours is one of the new 2011 range.