Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL 40HX723 - Start Up Fault (Black Screen)

kifawce
Explorer

Sony KDL 40HX723 - Start Up Fault (Black Screen)

Whenever I switch the HX723 on, the screen appears totally black apart from a 4" border at the bottom. The picture then appears to ‘burn in’ and display a mosaic of colours, before gradually displaying the channel correctly. During this process I am unable to change channel.

I’ve tried to google the issue (which happens when the room is unheated, not cold.....but cool). Unfortunately I can’t really find anything about this model, apart from a general Sony panel issue regarding poor panel connections. If these are loose and the panel is cold, the picture can be incomplete. As the panel warms up, it will expand and the connections will improve, hence a complete picture.

The TV is still under warranty and is the 3rd Sony TV (different models) that I have had in a row that has developed a fault in 6 years. Each time the TV is taken away, accessed and then replaced with a newer model as the panels are too expensive to repair.

Has anyone else experienced the ‘3/4 black screen’ issue due to the panel being cold? Can this be fixed?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

To be honest, I have not heard or seen this specific problem, so unfortunately I cannot advise on what might be the issue.  However it does appear to be a hardware fault of some type.  Depending on how long it takes to actually first switch channels as it 'could' be just the TV booting up as such.

My only advice is to contact an authorised Sony Repair centre

On a side note, it does seem to be that you have been really unlucky on having these faults over successive TV's, but at least they have been under warranty.

Cheers

I have exactly the same problem for at least last 12 months. TV always switch up but it takes few minutes to have a display on (it's dependes from a room temperature i belive). Is anyone know how to fix it, becouse i think that on some point display will not appear at all.