Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL-46HX853 slow response when turned on

Ryanfsr
Explorer

Sony KDL-46HX853 slow response when turned on

Hi there

First post here, so hopefully I can find someone who might be able to find a solution to my problem :slight_smile:

I've owned a KDL-46HX853 now for just over a year, and since day 1 I have always had a problem with it not responding to the remote inputs for the first 20 seconds or so from turning the TV on.

It's the first Smart TV i've owned, so I just thought it was quite normal considering all the apps and features that are on it.

That was until 6 months ago where I had to have the Sony Engineers out as the TV was turning itself off and back on again through normal viewing.
When they came out, the pressed a series of buttons on the remote which brought up an error log which was indicating that the 'main board' was faulty.

At this point I asked the question whether the slow startup responses could also be a cause of this faulty board, and the chap I spoke to was fairly convinced it could be.

They replaced this a couple of days later (at home), reinstalled the latest firmware from a memory stick and the TV was back up and running. The 'restarting' issue was fixed, but the problem of slow responding startups is still there....

Just wondering if anyone else with this TV experiences the same thing, or do I need to give the tech guys another ring?

Thanks in advance!

Ryanfsr

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
cholmes100
Explorer

My Tv is brand new (2 months) It has done this since day one. Hit the button and at least 20-30 seconds before any indication it may power up. I read to put new batteries in the remote, logic says that shouldnt matter but I have lots so I put 2 new energisor batteries in it. Pressed the button and instant power on, I mean instant. I couldn't believe it and I have no idea why this should make a difference. 

profile.country.GB.title
cholmes100
Explorer

It worked! Instantly comes on